Tuesday, July 19

 
Okay, so I've been kinda tagged by Christine,.. that'll be an occasion to reveal a bit more about me.

10 years ago: Man, I was slowly recovering from the huuumongous surprise of Laurent (my partner) finally falling for me after running after him for over 2 years in vain. Hmm, at the time I was still like 20 pounds heavier, short hair, leftover acnea, and had the best time hanging out with my gang (all guys, laurent being one of them) doing crazy stuff like canyonning and 13 m jumps into ponds, snowboarding like hell, food battles ... ten years later we're still all very close.
5 years ago: Another turning point. We were homeless, having left our awesome little place in a ski resort above Grenoble, got rid of most of our stuff and furniture, and were only waiting for a fucking russian visa to leave for our Sidetour trip on a russian sidecar (I really need to do some major updating on that english version btw). At the time we said we'd leave for a year but we knew it would be longer, eventually took us 3 years...
Enf of july, hoo... we were like in the starting blocks! (we finaly left on august 4th), ready for the big leap into the unknown, go to Russia to get our sidecar at the factory ... It was fun. Scary, but fun.
1 year ago: well, we were back for about 9 months, new town, new job for laurent, and Prune was only a few weeks old. Really cozy feeling to have a baby nested in your arms.
Yesterday: I had to reorganise everything in our little appartment after coming home from our mini-vacation, plus I finished typing the instructions for the shrug and sent my first pattern to be proofread/tested. So I was kind of high, bit all my nails that had miraculously been long for several weeks, and of course had insomnia.
Today: I really need to getup from the computer and have a shower before it's the end of Prune's nap. Then need to do some groceries, prepare some lunch somehow, and get some knitting / pattern typing done. Oh, and I need to whip up 2 birthday presents for 5 year old twins before saturday. Must think hard.
Tomorrow: Hum, pretty much the same as today. Nothing exciting.
5 snacks I enjoy: those little cheap chippies (they're probably full of really bad for you stuff, but we just can't stop eating them), anchovy-stuffed olives (I'd die for them), ... what else, anything real salty like "saucisson" (kind of like salami, but way better) or "st Agur" blue cheese, and raw carrots/celery/brocoli dipped in good sauce...
5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: Well I hardly listen to music at all these days except for online radios sometimes, so I'll say bruce Springsteen, french stuff like jacques Brel, laurent Voulzy, Olivia Ruiz, ... and say Ali Farka Touré. But I'm really more of a browser when it comes to music.
Things I would do with $100,000,000: First buy a van, like a Mercedes and drive around Europe with all the gear on the roof. Then Laurent would probably jump on the occasion to stop working like a dog and do his own stuff.
Huh, and well that sounds like a sum, so I'd say buy a place and put the rest in the bank till I know better.
5 locations I'd like to run away to:Probably places I'd return to/see more... Only 5? Okay so I'd say Reunion island, western australia, Alaska, Irkutsk/the Altay in Siberia, and the west coast of the US. Oh, plus I'd really like to see a bit of northern Europe, like Denmark/Finland... I know, that makes 6.
5 bad habits I have: well I tend to be a real lazybum, I watch too much tv (although it's really not that bad any more), and just don't push myself to do things in general. And I usually bite my nails because I can't stand to have them long.
5 things I like doing: being creative (so that includes knitting and designing stuff), spending some good time with our friends and people I love, looking for awesome stuff in thrift stores, camping and being outside (which is one of the reasons why I love the place we just went to, we're like outside 99% of the time), and well...going for hikes or read a good book ?
5 things I would never wear: a thong, a mini-skirt, sex-and-the-city type shoes, ...oh and a trench-coat !(the mere thought of it makes me laugh !). What else...? I know: any top without a bra underneath. Just because that'd be gore.
5 TV shows I like: Right, so we don't have the same TV show obviously, but I really loved the canadian "changing room" type of shows (not sure of the name any more, that's where they revamp a room with a team of carpenter/decorator..). I love watching the "Arte" channel, it's a french-german channel and they have sometimes awesome programs (like there was this whole evening about the Dalai-lama the other night), and sometimes stuff you'd never see anywhere else (like ballet or post-modern dance shows that I really don't understand..)
And then I'm pretty conventional, I used to absolutely adore the first seasons of Ally Mc Beal, .. but quite often I watch pretty random stuff while knitting or doing something else.
5 movies I like: In my very top favorites that I'd bring along on a desert island would be "Chamane" by Bartabas, "Smoke signals", "Magnolia" , ... maybe throw in a little "Whale rider" for diversity and mark Strong's "Pride and prejudice" for the feel-good factor
5 biggest joys at the moment: being ever so lucky to have found my soul mate and having him at my side for the last 12 years;seing Prune nearly ready to go for her first steps and so proud of her progress!;having such a good life when others have terrible families/environment/unsolvable problems; having a home sweet home to come back to after a 5 days mini-vacation; and last but not least, this whole crafster/knitting/blogging/designing/meeting great people stuff. I've been saying it for years, but I love the internet.
5 favorite toys: my bamboo needles and huge stash; my push-bike; that computer ! ; my telemark skis (although haven't used them lots lately) ; and well let's say my car because that's how I get to pay visits to friends and family in Grenoble...

Comments:
YEY! But wait, this totally throws my perception of french women! When I think about it I'm like "Oh yeah, french linferie" but for some reason, I thought y'all were SANS BRASSIERE'S for the most part!
Hmmmm!
I'm glad you did that! I was meaning to ask you about Laurent! (You always refer to your "partner" teehee!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Contrat Creative Commons
The creations displayed here are protected by a Creative Commons License.